Mobile Devices Spectrum Sensing

Description:

Summary

Spectrum sensing is a signal-processing technique which autonomously exploits local vacant frequency bands. The architecture allows simultaneous search over multiple frequency sub-bands.

 

 

Benefits

  • High reliability and spectral efficiency (high accuracy and sub-band level sensing).
  • 95% in probability of detection (PD) and 5% in probability of false alarm (PFA) for -20dB SNR levels.
  • Low latency (2 frames).
  • Low computational complexity.
  • Robust to physical impairments such as time and frequency offsets.

 

Applications

  • Next generation of mobile networks (4G) such as 3GPP LTE and LTE-A and ITU-IMT advanced.
  • Cognitive radios and systems including satellite, terrestrial or broadcast and military systems.

 

Uniqueness

This algorithm applies order statistics on the clustered differential energy-spectral-density (ESD) in order to exploit the channel frequency-diversity inherent in high data-rate communications.

 

IP status

A patent was filed by the University of Surrey in April 2011 (Patent GB1105992.0).

 

Demo

Demo available at the Centre for Communications ans Systems Research (CCSR)

 

 

 

To Download our flyer please follow the link below:

http://surrey.technologypublisher.com/files/sites/spectrum-sensing-ccsr-uos.pdf

 

Patent Information:
Category(s):
Communications
For Information, Contact:
Will Mortimore
University of Surrey
w.mortimore@surrey.ac.uk
Inventors:
Keywords:
© 2021. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Inteum